Main Topics Covered in this Course Include:
- Definition of Fire
- Classes of Fuel
- Heat Transfer
- Extinguishing Agents
- Stages of Fire
- Reporting Fires
SafeResponse has developed this Awareness Level training program on incipient fires for emergency first responders. This includes public and private sector response personnel who may be the first on the scene of a fire.
Participants can print a certificate of completion once they have achieved a score of 70% or greater score on the final quiz. The participant may take the quiz as many times as necessary in order to reach the 70% mark. A representative from your agency will need to certify your participation by signing the certificate. In addition, each participant must complete the training on an individual basis. If you ask someone else to go through the program for you, you will not learn the information that will be necessary to protect your health and safety. This will also render your certificate null and void.
This training program is designed to provide you with the knowledge that is necessary to respond to incipient fires, as defined by the National Fire Protection Association in its Standard on Industrial Fire Brigades. The skills required to fight incipient fires, such as using portable fire extinguishers and low volume hose lines are not covered in this on-line program. A separate hands on training would be required to gain these skills.
Getting the Most out of the Program:
- Before starting the course, click on each Section Tab at the top of the Introduction page. This will tell you how the course is organized.
- This course should take (on average) one hour to complete. Use this number if you are required to track time spent during training.
- At the end of this course, you will have to complete the “Check for Understanding”. In order to receive a certificate, you will need to get a minimum score of 70%. The participant can print a certificate of completion once you have achieved this score. The participant may take the quiz as many times as necessary in order to achieve the 70% mark.
- Passing the quiz will confirm that you have obtained the knowledge required to fight incipient fires.
- Finally, online learning is based on content and learner responsibility. As a learner, you have even more responsibility when taking this course. If you skip a section or fail to review all the material, it could result in an injury to you, a fellow employee, or a member of the general public. For this reason, we urge you to get as much out of this course as you can.